UTILISATION OF THE OXYTREE

It has a high heating value and you can harvest its timber very soon, it re-grows several times after being cut down!


Each of its parts can be utilised:

  • 70% of the Oxytree is its trunk, which can be used as timber, while the remaining 30% is its branches, leaves and flowers, which can be used as biomass.
  • The trunk diameter of a one- to two-year-old tree already makes it suitable for pillar production. It can be used for industrial purposes even from the age of three, but it only reaches its full trunk diameter at the age of six when it brings the most yield.
  • It re-grows several times after being cut down. From the second growing period it grows faster, so timber can be extracted again in its 10th year.

Utilisation during the growth period:

  • Due to its high protein and nitrogen content, its leaves can be fed to animals and can replace chemical fertilisers.
  • About 700 kg of aromatic, light-coloured honey can be produced per hectare.
  • It is suitable for stabilising sandy, aeolian soils and other areas where there is a high risk of landslides.
  • Its high quality timber can be used both as furniture timber and lumber.
  • Those parts of the tree which cannot be sold (e.g. branches) are perfectly suitable for heating purposes.
Its leaves can be used as nutritious animal feed

Its leaves can be used as nutritious animal feed

It is suitable for fertilisation

It is suitable for fertilisation

Its clusters of purple flowers look amazing!

It is perfect for producing honey

OXYTREE timber at the first harvest!

It is a firewood with high heating value

The OXYTREE – maybe the best firewood!

The Oxytree – maybe the best firewood!

  • With its high heating value it rivals brown coal.
  • Its trunk thickens quickly, so it produces harvestable timber fast.
  • Those parts which cannot be sold as timber (e. g. branches) are perfectly suitable for heating purposes.
  • It regenerates naturally 4 to 5 times after being cut down, so it produces timber several times.
  • It can be expected to produce 0.5 m3 of firewood at every harvest.

Continue reading here:

Excellent properties of the wood